About Palace on Wheels
The Palace on Wheels was started on January 26, India's Republic Day, in 1982.
The concept of the Palace on Wheels was derived from the royal background of the coaches, which were originally meant to be the personal railway coaches of the erstwhile rulers of the princely states of Rajputana, Gujarat, the Nizam of Hyderabad and the Viceroy of British India.
There are 14 coaches in the train. Each of them is named after former Rajput states and matches the aesthetics and interiors of the royal past. Facilities include a bar with the choicest Indian and international spirits, a lounge with a good collection of books and televisions and DVD players.
Cabins are air-conditioned with twin beds, channel music, intercom, and attached toilets running hot and cold water.
The train has two restaurants, "The Maharaja" and "The Maharani", with a Rajasthani ambience and serving continental, Chinese, Indian and Rajasthani cuisines.
The train departs from New Delhi and during its eight day journey, travels around Rajasthan with stops in Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Chittaurgarh, Udaipur, Bharatpur, and Agra.
Earlier, tickets for the Palace on Wheels were restricted to foreign nationals only by the Government of India, with Indian natives not allowed on board. However, it was later opened up to Indians as well, although even today tariffs are quoted in US Dollars.
Other tourism trains
* India on Wheels
* The Golden Chariot
* Deccan Odyssey
* Royal Rajasthan on Wheels TARIFF:
||September '09 to April '10
||US $ 500.00
||Us $ 670.00
||US $ 375.00
||Us $ 500.00
||US $ 340.00
||Us $ 450.00
* US$ 15 per person Commercial Tax
* 2.58% Government Service Tax (VAT)
* Child < 5 years is complimentary, but not provided bed facility
* Child<12 years will be charged 50% of Adult cost & provided bed
TRAIN TOUR COST INCLUDES:
* Travel & Onboard Stay in richly furnished cabins, with private washrooms
* Daily three meals, with choice of cuisine & bottled drinking water
* Pre-arranged group tours & excursions with local cultural activity
* Monument entrance fees
* Elephant ride in Jaipur, Camel ride in Jaisalmer, Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve Safari, Boat ride in Udaipur, Cycle Rickshaw ride in Bharatpur.
EXTRA COSTS(Not Included):
* Video Camera fee at monuments
* Tour Insurance cover
* Consumption of Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic beverages
* All other expenses of personal nature viz tips/gratuity; laundry etc
Terms And Conditions:
(1) Bookings will be held on confirmed basis, only against receipt of 50% advance tour deposit -,with Names/Nationality of the passengers.
(2) Full/Balance payment must reach us atleast 70 Days before tour depart date.
(3) To issue E-travel Documents, we require full passport details of all the passengers Viz. Passport number with Place & Date of issue; Passport Expiry Date;Full Residential Address with Emergency contact number; Date of Birth.
* 10% of total value of tour cost, if cancellation received before 90 days of tour depart
* 50% of total tour cost value, if cancellation made >61 days of tour depart
* 100% of total tour cost value, if cancellation made <61 days of tour depart
* Booking are non-endorsable
* Request for postponement of journey can only be considered against full payment Of tour cost & is at sole discretion of Palace On Wheels top management.
* Disputes (if any) are subject to re addressable by New Delhi, India courts only.
* Online Authorization by MasterCard or Visa credit card
* Swift wire transfer, through your local bank
* Indian Nationals can pay in equivalent Rupees, by Cheque Or Bank Draft
Interetsed ? Just Contact Us
so that our expert can contact you soon.